The role of product manager is confusing and misunderstood. So, share your perspective — what would you say is the REAL value of a product manager?
Prioritization for building what matters most.
Every product manager has an opportunity to embrace the challenging and rewarding role of creating and applying the product vision. This goes beyond product development and implementation and into product lovability - having product managers able to see both the details and the big picture is valuable. As product visionaries, they can build product roadmaps with customers' needs in mind and leverage knowledge and skills of technical teams to ensure their products are truly enjoyed by customers.
Determining the right product to build and rallying the team around that vision
Keeping the business focused on its core strategy and innovating.
Product Manager is a "small CEO".
He is responsible for creating the intra-company system of permanent product move forward.
- Guarantee the process of ideas accumultaion and assessment;
- Monitor all the problems that customers come across (client service, marketing);
- Make sure that production unit (designers, developers, QA etc.) do their best in most effective way, solving problems and ideas;
- Control the return of the launched changes (product anf financial analytics);
- Control the effectiveness of distribution and customer retention
So that is the value of ProdMan - to control all the aspects of the product and its progress.
Turning ideas into reality.
Going in to bat for customer needs when creating solutions, when opposing forces could pull decision making in the wrong direction.